Easy Sausage Breakfast Bake! (Gluten, Rice, and Pork free!)
· 1 package (16 oz) bulk sausage (I used my homemade venison sausage!)
· 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
· 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
· 1/2 cup Chopped Mushrooms
· 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
· 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
· 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour Free mix
· 1 tbsp Xantham Gum
· 1 tbsp Baking Soda
· 2 cups milk (I used Goat's Milk!)
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1 tsp L'Ecuyer's Seasoned Salt
· 6 eggs
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, bell peppers, and mushrooms over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Mix sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.
2. In medium bowl, stir Baking mix, xantham gum, baking soda, milk, pepper, seasoned salt and eggs until blended. Pour over sausage mixture in baking dish.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.