Friday, November 30, 2012
One thing I have missed more than anything since I have developed all my allergies is seasoned salt. It is a staple in Southern Cooking. I had a Facebook follower suggest I come up with a blend for those of us allergic to the alliums. I do believe I have come up with something that you all will enjoy! Stay tuned! I will debut it by Monday at the latest!! So exciting!!
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Way to go Peru! Saw this post on another Facebook page but it wouldn't let me 'share' it and it just amazes me that our own country still condones the use of GMO's and using hormones in our food supply along with all the other 'chemicals' they consider 'GRAS' or 'generally recognized as safe' substances. As Americans, we have to start paying attention to what we put in our bodies or the food we eat will cause us harm.
Read on: Peru Bans GMO's for 10 years
Read on: Peru Bans GMO's for 10 years
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Friday, November 23, 2012
In the holiday spirit, anyone that orders this weekend only will receive FREE SHIPPING!! It is now on the website and just click on 'Free Shipping' tab and you will get it! Hurry while this lasts!! It will be taken down on Sunday at midnight!!
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
Individual Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pies!!
The holidays are fast approaching and I am getting ready to prepare our menu's. Thanksgiving use to be so easy for us! I have always loved pumpkin pie and when I found out many years ago that I was allergic to pumpkin and then cinnamon, oh what was I to do! Then to add to that wheat?! OMG! Nooooo!! No pie?! Heavens! What was Thanksgiving going to be like? Treachery! Just horrible! I tried so many different crust recipes that were gluten free but when you're also rice allergic, oh me, oh my! Just difficult to say the least!! I began to experiment and I finally found something that is absolutely devine!! My family gobbles these up and they don't have the allergies that I have!! My daughter's fiance' eats at least two at a time!! You could make this a full pie, but I like the 'fun-ness' of having individual little pies!! Makes it easy to portion out too!! Additionally, you would never know that there wasn't cinnamon in these!! You would actually swear there was!! This is by far my absolute favorite Holiday pie now!! Enjoy!!
|Toasted with Brown Sugar Topping!|
Shortbread Pie Crust
4 Tbsps Butter, melted
1/2 C Organic Brown Sugar, Packed
1 tsp Cinna-Sub ** (available for purchase on the Spice Tab!)
1. Be sure all of cookies are crushed finely.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Press into pie plate/ramekins.
4. Put pie filling over it and bake according to pie directions.
Pie and Filling
1 Ea Shortbread Pie Crust (above)
2 C Sweet Potato, Mashed, (I use home canned)
1 C Raw Sugar
1/2 Stick Butter, melted
2 Lg Egg
2 Tsps GF Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Tsp Cinna-Sub ** (available for purchase on the Spice Tab!)
1/2 Tsp Ginger, ground
1 C Organic Sweetened Condensed Milk
2. Blend all other ingredients together and scoop equal amounts into ramekins (we found this makes about 14 small ramekins).
3. Bake at 350 degrees in water bath for 30 minutes.
4. When fully cooled put in refrigerator.
5. You can cover with cool whip, toasted marshmallows or sprinkle with brown sugar and 'torch' them with a Creme' Brulee' Torch***!!
(*** be very careful using a torch!! Ramekins will be very, very hot!! Wait until completely cool before serving!!)
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Chipotle Spice Blend
Herbs' de L'Ecuyer!
They're here!! Yep! Two new spice blends!! Just in time for the holidays!! Love chipotle? We now have our own Chipotle Spice Blend! This fantastic blend is sulfite free (allium free) and has just the right 'kick' for those that love a little spice! Secondly, we have a fantastic new Herbs' de L'Ecuyer!! Love Herbs' de Provence? It's like that but with our own twist and sulfite (allium) free!! I use to LOVE Herbs' de Provence but can't have it anymore so we came up with our own!! We also have fantastic new labels!! What do you think?
Now, for a fantastic couple of specials for the holidays!! A few holiday baskets!!
Spice Basket without 'wrapping'
1. Spice Blend & Dip Mix Basket - Your choice of 2 spice blends (Cinna-Sub includes an extra $5.00 charge) and 1 dip mix! All for only $12!! Includes a cute tin and all wrapped up! This is a value of almost $17 (including wrapping).
2. Body Care Basket - Your choice of soap scent, foot cream scent, a cuticle cream and your choice of body scrub!! All wrapped up for only $20!!! This is a value of almost $26 (including wrapping).
3. Mixed Spice Basket and Body Care Basket - Your choice of a spice blend (except Cinna-Sub), 1 dip mix, your scent of foot cream, a cuticle cream, and a smaller version of our hand cream! All wrapped up for only $20!! This also is a value of almost $26 (including wrapping).
4. Five different spice blends all in one!! All for only $20!! Yep! Save $5 and get it wrapped up for the holiday!! Your choice of which blends (Cinna-Sub includes an extra $5.00 charge)! Don't wait!!
So, start that holiday shopping!! Shipping for Christmas guaranteed if ordered before December 18th!!
I have put in 'text' boxes and am trying that. If that doesn't work, just list in the 'comments' what spices, dip mix choice or body care products you choose! There will be an extra 'button' to click if Cinna-Sub is chosen, otherwise you will receive an email that it is not included in these specials unless you agree to the additional $5.00 charge. Thanks for understanding!! Happy Holidays!!
Saturday, November 3, 2012
I happened to stumble upon a great little site tonight. I was looking at Twitter and Whole Foods had a blurb about sulfite free wine. I have missed wine a lot, especially for cooking. I am allergic to sulfites so I thought I would look at the article. It was an interesting read to say the least.
As I was looking at the site, I found several other interesting things on there. This site is all about organic! I love organic things. Nothing better than that without chemicals, preservatives, additives, hormones, etc. Have you ever seen those little ads pop up about the 7 foods you should 'not' eat? They have it clearly listed on their site! I already pretty much avoid those foods anyway but most might not be aware of what they are! Check out this site! It's awesome! Organic Authority 7 Foods you should never eat is where it will take you. I was especially thrilled to find the 'answer' to my questions about BPA in plastic, cans, etc.