Individual Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pies!!
The holidays are fast approaching and I am getting ready to prepare our menu's. Thanksgiving use to be so easy for us! I have always loved pumpkin pie and when I found out many years ago that I was allergic to pumpkin and then cinnamon, oh what was I to do! Then to add to that wheat?! OMG! Nooooo!! No pie?! Heavens! What was Thanksgiving going to be like? Treachery! Just horrible! I tried so many different crust recipes that were gluten free but when you're also rice allergic, oh me, oh my! Just difficult to say the least!! I began to experiment and I finally found something that is absolutely devine!! My family gobbles these up and they don't have the allergies that I have!! My daughter's fiance' eats at least two at a time!! You could make this a full pie, but I like the 'fun-ness' of having individual little pies!! Makes it easy to portion out too!! Additionally, you would never know that there wasn't cinnamon in these!! You would actually swear there was!! This is by far my absolute favorite Holiday pie now!! Enjoy!!
|Toasted with Brown Sugar Topping!|
Shortbread Pie Crust
4 Tbsps Butter, melted
1/2 C Organic Brown Sugar, Packed
1 tsp Cinna-Sub ** (available for purchase on the Spice Tab!)
1. Be sure all of cookies are crushed finely.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Press into pie plate/ramekins.
4. Put pie filling over it and bake according to pie directions.
Pie and Filling
1 Ea Shortbread Pie Crust (above)
2 C Sweet Potato, Mashed, (I use home canned)
1 C Raw Sugar
1/2 Stick Butter, melted
2 Lg Egg
2 Tsps GF Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Tsp Cinna-Sub ** (available for purchase on the Spice Tab!)
1/2 Tsp Ginger, ground
1 C Organic Sweetened Condensed Milk
2. Blend all other ingredients together and scoop equal amounts into ramekins (we found this makes about 14 small ramekins).
3. Bake at 350 degrees in water bath for 30 minutes.
4. When fully cooled put in refrigerator.
5. You can cover with cool whip, toasted marshmallows or sprinkle with brown sugar and 'torch' them with a Creme' Brulee' Torch***!!
(*** be very careful using a torch!! Ramekins will be very, very hot!! Wait until completely cool before serving!!)